Monday, March 22, 2010

It's been over a month since I've posted....I've been putting it off somewhat I guess. I wasn't sure what direction this blog would be taking. We left California over a month ago to visit family and friends back in Ontario. What I didn't know then was that we would not be going back. With work requiring more of Bill's attention here in Canada we made the decision to move back. It's interesting that the decision was easy to make...there were no regrets or what ifs...we were just as happy to come "home" as we were to leave almost two years ago. It has been really great to be able to see everyone and know that we can still easily see them again. And really, I am feeling a little relieved on the homeschooling front. It is just so much easier in Ontario than anyplace we visited on the road. I don't feel like I have to be looking over my shoulder all the time. And I was not looking forward to having to register the kids with the school board and following their rules...we are natural rule breakers I guess! Now that we are back we are really looking forward to exploring so many places in Ontario that we never took the opportunity to get to know. There is so much to do here...and I think our trip really opened our eyes to how we really like to spend our time. And that is outside in nature. The kids love to run, climb and explore so being in the forest, or exploring a riverbed or foraging for wild berries...it's just a more enjoyable time than any of the "touristy" things we did. So that's our focus right now. We are looking for a farm and some land to give the kids space to grow and create a place for ourselves that we can pursue some of our interests. We can't wait to have some farm animals, grow a garden and continue to enjoy a much simpler life. It's time to put down some roots again.

4 comments:

angel love said...

I love this post. And I can so relate to being a natural rule breaker!

Glad you're back :)

Michelle said...

Welcome back!

JP Jude said...

Fantastic!!! Your opinions are always wanted here! Where are you looking for a farm? Up here or somewhere new? And, Maddie looked beautiful in her red knit hat and mitts!
I am glad you're back.

the platts said...

thanks guys! we'll have to hang out angelina and break some rules together! Sharon we are looking somewhere between hwy 9 and toronto....hopefully not too far from barrie but still close enough to bill's office...it's certainly challenging but we are super excited to be back! hey michelle...where are you these days??