Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Familiarity

Life here has taken on a familiar look. We seem to have picked up right where we left off when we left....the kids joining in on the regular homeschooling activities and spending time with family and friends. It's interesting because one of the things I love most about being on the road is the unpredictability of life...that each day is different and we never "plan"...we just do. My kids on the other hand are loving this more "scheduled" life. They like knowing that every Monday we go to the library program, that every Wednesday we go to the homeschooling park day...and the rest of the week they are busy planning what we will do on our usual off days. So often we end up at a friends house, meeting someone for lunch, taking classes...well you get the picture. I find it amusing because when we are on the road they never asked what are we doing tomorrow, or tried to plan anything. Instead they would awake each morning...well okay sometimes afternoon!...and ask each other what what do you want to do today...and off we'd go. Another big difference is that I feel like we are constantly rushed these days....we have to "be" somewhere all the time. On the road we were never in a hurry. In fact most of the time we never even knew what time it was. Being back has made me realize that I prefer to take it a day at a time and just go with the flow of whatever life throws at us. But right now the kids only have a few weeks left to "pack it all in" before we leave...and I see how happy they are doing it all... so I will happily taxi them around to enjoy all the things they are passionate about right now and I will have a smile on my face while I do it!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Enjoy this time while you can - it too will pass by very quickly. Where will you head to next?

laurie l. goodman said...

I love this candid commentary!