Thursday, November 20, 2008

Normal Times in an Extraordinary Life

We've been gone for two and a half weeks. There are some things about our life now that are so different and exciting. Seeing new places and meeting new people. New foods, new views and getting used to a new house. Yet today as I watched the kids play, I realized that amidst all this new excitement was a comforting "normalness". The kids still laughed and played and argued. We still had to clean up the house and take out the garbage. We still loved sitting around playing with play doh and lego, going for a walk and laughing and playing at the park. With all the "new" we've had lately, today I was happy to enjoy some of the old.

2 comments:

Angel said...

I just love checking in to see what you guys are up to! It sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! :-) Miss you all.

Cindy said...

That is awesome. I miss you all so much. I can't wait to talk to you and update you on what is happening here. Hugs and Kisses.