Sunday, February 15, 2009

Desert Walk











We've been busy since i've last posted! Thursday found the kids and I going for our first desert hike in McDowell Mountain Regional Park. I had planned for us to do a 2km walk so that Katie could easily do the whole thing, however Ali and Maddy persuaded me to do the 5km educational hike instead. I'm so happy the kids picked this particular trail. Although our one hour walk turned into a three hour walk it was so much fun exploring and learning about the desert plants. It was nice to put some names to the familiar plants. Katie had a great time and managed to walk half of the hike by herself! And I was lucky to have the carrier to cuddle with her for the other half! I will admit, my back was happy to see the end of that trail though...she sure has gotten big!

No comments: